The End Is Nigh — Bonus Content
As I continue to explore collapse in all its facets, this will serve as a repository for related content and links to further resources. If there are particular topics you’d like for me to explore or links to include, please comment on this post.
The original series:
- What is collapse?
- Why collapse is inevitable
- When will society collapse?
- How society will collapse
- Can collapse be avoided?
- What to do in the face of collapse?
- Appendix: Bonus content and links [you are here]
- Revolution Or Death: The Great Bifurcation: a post on the dilemma we face, do we aim for the skies or face the music?
- Problems, Predicaments, And You: a post on the difference between problems and predicaments — and why collapse is the latter and not a set of the former.
- Do We Need Nature?: a post on whether we could sacrifice nature to save our technological progress, and what’s needed to get there.
- Human Life, Modern Civilization, Nature. Choose One: a post on what I view as our three possible, but mutually exclusive, paths. None of them good.
- Hope Over Despair: a post on why I think we should choose hope despite the overwhelming evidence of the calamities facing us.
- The Bubble Is Real: a post on getting “stuck” in the collapse echo-chamber (it is, let’s be real — doesn’t mean it’s wrong, doesn’t mean it’s right either).
Collapse Subreddit: Echo-chamber of despair or grim realism, a bit of everything. Fridays are casual, so expect less serious posts. Contains discussion around coping, preparation, predictions, collapse-related news, and much more.
- Breaking down; Collapse: Excellent podcast breaking down collapse in all its facets. The first 8 episodes outline the main predicament we’re facing. Note: link is to their Patreon account, while the podcast can be found in most podcast apps.